Topic

Podcast: Married to an Adventurer – Coping Strategies for the Front Country

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Podcast: Married to an Adventurer – Coping Strategies for the Front Country

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas
    Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

Very interesting to hear perspective from the person left at home. I appreciate the information and will keep it in mind every time my girlfriend requests the "I'm Off" and the "Back Safe" text messages before and after my trips.

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

I mean to take a listen to this when I get home. If its good I'll recommend it to my girlfriend. I always feel a little guilty leaving her.

Adam

Michael Crosby
    BPL Member

@djjmikie

Locale: Ky

After 18 years of marrage my wife looks as foward to my little trips as I do. (is that bad?)

Sara Kavanagh

@kavygirl

I feel that it is good to have a break from each other now and then. It makes you appreciate the person and all that they bring to your life. However, the main point is to communicate with each other and make sure BOTH of you are comfortable with the situation. Thanks, Sara Kavanagh

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Does definately help that you do take these trips without your partner. Makes coming home alot of fun too!!!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Can I post an alternate view of the world without disagreeing with anything said in the podcast?
    My wife and I go on walks together. We have always done so, from before we were married. (We also rock-climbed together.) There are advantages:
    * All the guilt things about leaving someone behind are gone completely
    * We know exactly what the other person can handle under almost any conditions
    * We can rely on each other to a far greater extent
    * Each of us monitors the other's performance and well-being continuously, increasing our combined safety
    * We share all our gear: this makes the total weight significantly less
    * We sleep snuggled together under a shared quilt arrangement in the cold – this is a LOT warmer than each person being in his/her own tent

Written just after we returned from 3 months mountain-walking together in France. We were even equally exhausted by the end! :-)

jo mo

@jomojo

The link to the podcast seems to be broken. Does anyone have an updated location or alternate way to listen/read the interview?
    Thanks

Zachary Arnold

@zrarnold

Locale: Southern Spain

The podcast is not working.. Can we find it somewhere else?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools