Topic

GoLITE Bitterroot IS ON SALE RIGHT NOW

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals GoLITE Bitterroot IS ON SALE RIGHT NOW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Philip Kovacik
    BPL Member

@mountainjam

Locale: Bay Area

ALL SIZES AND ALL COLORS ARE STILL AVAILABLE

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Not XS in W's, of which I wanted two =/

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

Snagged a "Grease" colored jacket in my size, thanks for the heads up. What a great sounding color! I can wear it while changing the oil in my truck!!

Philip Kovacik
    BPL Member

@mountainjam

Scored a medium in Blue…I was torn between blue and grease though.

Philip Kovacik
    BPL Member

@mountainjam

When the deal went live everything was available, I posted a little after…I'm working on a term paper. Good luck with your search.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Only Blue and Orange left in the XXL

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

You can read Brett's post two different ways; I believe he is referring to the availability of the XXL size exclusively. Because at the time of this posting, there are still lots of other colors and sizes available, both genders. But, looks like blue is now the only option in XXL.

If you're on the fence, see the Bitterroot vs Infinity shoot-out here:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/down_jacket_shootout_rab_golite.html#.UqsmbyiWUbA

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Yes, sorry, I was only caring about the XXL. Here is what is left. I am surpised that the Blue is the only one that has all sizes left, thought that would be the orange or green.

green – m, l, xl
    grey – s, m, l, xl
    orange – m, l, xl
    blue – s, m , l, xl, xxl

Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

How much warmer would this jacket be than a nanopuff? I'm looking for something warmer to use for winter camping in the Rockies.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

Considerably warmer than a nanopuff. The selkirk jackets from GoLite are similarly warm (likely warmer due to down) than the nanopuff (obviously they don't make a selkirk hoody, but if they did it would likely have about 90g of down or less). The bitterroot has 150g of down, which puts it warmer than a MB alpine light which most people use as a winter jacket. For reference check out the "New Paradigm for Garment Warmth" thread on this site. Put quantitatively a nanopuff has around .75 Clo of insulation while a Bitterroot is 3.44. You'll notice a serious improvement in warmth although humidity/moisture resistance naturally decreases using down vs synth.

For the record, Golite has not stocked the XS in women's for weeks now unfortunately. Was just hoping they may have released some new inventory for the sale.

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Nano puff uses 60g PL1 (.92 Clo at best for 100g I believe at best but the nano puff won't achieve that since it is excessively quilted = unnecessary cold spots), where as the bitterroot has 150g (5.3) oz of 850fp downtek water resistant down. So… It'll be much much warmer, should easily take you into the 20s and lower on its own (I've taken a Montbell Alpine Light non hooded jacket down into the 20s with just a base layer.. Has only 4 oz of 800 FP down, so much less than the bitterroot).

Philip Kovacik
    BPL Member

@mountainjam

If you're on the fence, I've owned just about every other mid-weight down jacket, and after giving my old Bitterroot to my close friend I went into withdrawals. The addition of hydrophobic down makes this an unbeatable jacket for UL'ing in the shoulder season. I carried mine for the southern section of my solo JMT this summer and it performed perfectly.

Mark Padrnos
    BPL Member

@banosser

Locale: Pacific Northwest

FYI.. If you had purchased this product earlier within the last few weeks (as I had), you can submit a photo copy of your receipt to [email protected] to get the difference refunded… I just submitted mine.. they said they are so busy they probably won't be able to get to it until next week.

David Williams

@ddwbeagles

Locale: Stephens City, VA

This close to Christmas, I need to stop coming in this section. I suppose to be buying for others. But, scored a nice 6oz UL / 800 power fill active dry down Selkirk jacket for half price. Thanks for the heads up.

Brock Graves
    BPL Member

@gravesbrock

Locale: asheville nc

Woah! That's superb customer service by golite to retro deals like that !

Matt Dirksen
    BPL Member

@namelessway

Locale: Mid Atlantic

How much was the sale price?

just curious,

Matt

Dan Quixote
    BPL Member

@dan_quixote

Locale: below the mountains (AK)

the sale price was 169.99. I compared the montbell line to the bitterroot and the closest match retailed for $300, so probably still a pretty good deal even with Golite's goofy price inflation.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

XXL is sold out on the Bitterroot and probably will be for the season

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Arrived. Beautiful jacket, but the thinness of the packaging (two ply of thin plastic) is borderline. How this made it through the mail without tearing the fabric, I don't know. There were rips and holes in the outer plastic bag; the inner plastic bag survived intact. I'm not sure that "ultralight packing" is such a good idea. But the jacket seems great at first examination.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools