Topic

2013 Photo Contest Winners!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable 2013 Photo Contest Winners!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Companion forum thread to:

2013 Photo Contest Winners!

Hoot Filsinger
    BPL Member

@filsinger

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Corbin,

Your photo was a stand out for me. Lighting, composition, and mood that speaks for wild places.

Corbin McFarlane
    BPL Member

@raven15

There are a lot of great pictures here, I don't envy the judges (though I suppose the weighting system makes it easier for them to shoulder the burden of handing out places).

For better or worse, mine was/is still a bit of a work in progress, right now I'm leaning more towards this interpretation, though it may have lost some of the grit I liked.
    Sunrise Over Old Lake Marian

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Congratulations folks. Much stronger pool of entry than in previous years.

Jon Leibowitz
    BPL Member

@jleeb

Locale: New England

I'm so excited to be in the calendar. Thank you judges and all of the other photographers. What a great collection of back country images!

Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

If anyone's looking to buy the calendar I found a 20% off discount coupon for zazzle.com (the company that BPL links you to when you buy the calendar through them). You can sign up for a 30 day trial of their free shipping program with an easy opt-out and the calendar comes to just under $24 shipped.

Disc: Not affiliated with Zazzle just wanted to get the discount out there if people were interested.

I'll post this in the gear deals as well (forum boss's feel free to zap me if that doesn't work).

Cheers,
    Brendan

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Brendan Swihart always bringing the goods. Congratulations to you sir.

Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

Locale: Fruita CO

Gracias. Good stuff everyone.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Great job Brendan, I remember loving that photo when it was first put up on your blog. I'm always excited to see you put something new up.

There are some great photos in there everyone.

Now if I can just work on getting Nick B. to share the location of that secret Channel Islands cove…..

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Some exceptional shots here. Nice to be able to read a bit about the pictures as well. I am impressed!

Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

Joseph-

Found your take on the Muir Hut really powerful. You did a great job bringing out the texture in the rock that ties the Hut to the mountains. Definitely a stand out.

Cheers,
    Brendan

Jon Leibowitz
    BPL Member

@jleeb

Locale: New England

I echo Brendan's statement. Stunning image.

Corbin McFarlane
    BPL Member

@raven15

Along those lines…I would like to congratulate both photographers who showed faces. It is easy for the person behind the camera to get shy, or for backpackers to fall behind while fiddling with the camera. It takes extra effort to be bold enough and/or dedicated enough to show a person facing you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Corbin and Joseph +1

joseph hawkins
    BPL Member

@hawkjody

Locale: Central California

I am honored to have had my photo selected for the calender. IT is fair to criticize the fact i lugged a canon 7d for 50 miles along the JMT, not a common item in a light weight backpacking kit.

However one of the great joys i get out of backpacking is the ability to share my experienced with others, who may not be able to get out into the back-country. For those of you who are interested you can seem more of my work at my blog site: http://www.HawkinsPhotoAlchemy.com , i also have an active presence on Google+ as +Joseph Hawkins publishing mostly in the #landscape Photography community.

Happy Trails

jody

joseph hawkins
    BPL Member

@hawkjody

Locale: Central California

Thanks for comments Brendan, to answer your question this photo is a hand held HDR composite of three exposures, then extra detail brought out using NIK Filter: Tonal Contrast

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools