Topic

0F Sleeping Bags

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 0F Sleeping Bags

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Kenda Willey

@sonderlehrer

I just discovered this thread–otherwise I would have chimed in for Feathered Friends 0F bags. I bought my son a Snowbunting for Christmas, and he loves it. And I bought myself a Murre; it was the wide cut that decided me, and that wide cut has its pro's and con's: it really is very warm and comfortable (typical cold-sleeping woman), less confining during those long winter nights when you can't possibly sleep the 12+ hours you spend in the bag, and I can lay with my knee pulled up if I like. But it takes a long time to warm up the air around the legs, and I solve that by putting my down parka over my legs. The bag's so warm that I don't need the parka around my shoulders, and once you've been in the bag for awhile, that air around the legs warms up.
    I hope for your sake and mine that the Murre's truly a 25+ year bag, cuz it's sure expensive! I had the good fortune to get both the Snowbunting and Murre on sale from Whittaker Mountaineering, but it still cost a pretty penny, but as far as I'm concerned, the sleeping system's the most important part of camping equipment, and I spend accordingly. Just this past year, I sorrowfully retired the Valandre (also horribly expensive) I bought in the early 1980's–it's still a good bag, but it just doesn't cut it for winter camping anymore. That's why I bought the Murre, and if it serves me anywhere near as well as the Valandre, I'll be hiking with a walker by the time I need a new one!

Petra S
    Spectator

@sweetpea36

Locale: Ohio

Kenda, I sleep just like you with at least one if not two knees pulled up. I just slept in my long johns and socks and it was perfect. My only problem was a cold butt. Sitting around the campfire does nothing for my nether regions. I used a hand warmer both nights and once that was warm I slept.

I hope it lasts that long too because the only way I'll stop is if I can't walk!

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools