Topic

LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System – V3 2014

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System – V3 2014

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Announcing the LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System – V3 2014. Available now!

With or without handles. 3.40 oz with handles. 2.97 oz without. +- 0.20oz tolerance.

LiteTrail Titanium Solid Fuel Cook System – V3 2014
    ltr0009

Enjoy!

Marc Kokosky
    BPL Member

@mak52580

Locale: Washington, DC Area

Thanks Jhaura! Just placed an order for two! So very excited to finally get these. I have a feeling the other cook kits in my collection are going to get neglected. happy Thanksgiving!

J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

Can the windscreen be purchased separately?

BPL Member

@rememberthelorax

DO you have a detailed photograph of the closure system of the new windscreen?

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

I've been waiting for you to get this system back in stock ever since I read CenAZwalker blog about it. Looking forward to trying it and saving a few ounces.

Thanks

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

I'd like to echo John's question. I have the original LiteTrail cook kit, and it was my go to system last year. But the new pot and windscreen are tempting. Any chance that one or both could be purchased separately?

Chad B
    BPL Member

@cenazwalker

Locale: Southwest

550 mL Cookpot, 550 WIndscreens, 550 mL Cook System
    In-stock. As of Nov 28, 2013 we are only selling the cook system. If we have extra inventory we will make some of the cook pots, windscreens avail separately.

Here is the answer to that question. Hopefully he will have some extra's, I'm looking to try out the new windscreen.

Joe Medlin
    BPL Member

@kc_joe

I'm in the same boat with the V2 (with handles) and i love it but would rather have 2 (me and my wife) with no handles (plus the improved windscreen). wonder what my v2 would be worth. Seems silly to own 3 of these yet I've got them in my cart on the site and fighting the urge.

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Hi guys, thank you for your replies. Response is great on v3 and I really like how it came out.

@mak52580
    , @HairlessApe thank you for your orders! I'll be shipping everyone's today so you should have it real soon.

To answer your questions:

@johnnyh88
    : Yes it can be. The issue is I make the final windscreen shapes here and I only have enough time to make the ones for for the cook system; which is our main priority. Later next week, I should have more time, depending on how my other work commitments play out.

@GlacierRambler: See previous comment re windscreen. Re: cookpot we first sell it with the systems. Depending on demand in the first week, I will release some individually later.

@JohnAbela: It's two 6mm folds that slide together. Nothing fancy but it works and it's simple. I'll be doing a "first look" video on my blog Trailability.com this weekend and planned on demonstrating all the aspects.

@kc_joe
    : If you wait until v3 is sold out, your v2 will be worth much more that it would be now. I know a lot of people want the cookpots on the Gear Swap.

Thank you all for your questions and support.

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

Jhaura, thanks for the response. I'll wait to see how things look for next week or so. I'm in no rush.

Robert Blean
    BPL Member

@blean

Locale: San Jose -- too far from Sierras

I have seen several of the reviews comparing the LiteTrail to the Caldera Cone GVP. I would think another, possibly better, comparison would be the Sidewinder Titanium 600ml kit that Trail Designs is now selling. weight is 112 gm / 3.95 oz with Sidewinder cone, 600ml pot, lid, Tyvek sleeves, 2 stakes, and Gram Cracker Esbit stove. Same price ($99.95) either way.

Jeff Sims
    BPL Member

@jeffreytsims

Locale: So. Cal

"Your order has been updated to the following status:
    Shipped"

And now the wait begins

Marc Kokosky
    BPL Member

@mak52580

Yeah I'm leaving in a few hours for 4 days in the Shenandoah's and I REALLY wish this was coming with me rather than slowly making its way cross country. :-(

Bas Hommes

@bhommes

Locale: Europe

Looks beautiful.
    'Without handles': is that also without the plate that's on the pot where the handles are sticking into?

Edit: sorry. I see my question answered by clicking on your link in the OP. Without handles is without plate. Very nice.

Santiago Draco
    Spectator

@santiagodraco

Is this a special price on this cook system for the holidays? Since it's in the "Gear deals" I'm assuming yes? What's the regular price?

Thanks!

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

I ordered mine friday around noon, and it shipped a couple hours later. Thanks for the super fast turn around, Jhaura!

Toward the end of last summer, I got psyched again about going light as possible, so that I could start to combine my backpacking with trail running. I've got most of that super light setup put together now, but I was thinking I'd just go the cold food route. Now, for an extra 3.5 oz I don't have to. Nothing like hot coffee in alpine air. Seems like a great design. Looking forward to putting it to use!

Jeff Sims
    BPL Member

@jeffreytsims

Locale: So. Cal

Received my cook kit in the mail yesterday and I have had so much going on with work that I have yet to boil water in it. I must say it looks amazing, and even though i have not had time to boil water I have had it on the scale and the figures are right on the money. Fingers crossed tomorrow we will be boiling water!!!

Marc Kokosky
    BPL Member

@mak52580

Congrats on getting yours. I really thought mine would be in the mail today but it wasn't. Hopefully tomorrow!

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Got mine monday. I'm happy about this little system for its simplicity and extreme lightweight. I've yet to test it and I probably won't until I put it to more use in the warmer months, but it'll fill fill the role as 'lighter than my jetboil' stove for solo weekend trips and such.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Today's the perfect day in Boulder to test that setup, Serge. Zero degrees, falling snow, great for extreme patio beta testing! Much better than having to drive somewhere. These next few days should help build our character, put hair on our chests, etc. I'll be using these below-zero nights to test a fuel canister cozy/toe warmer setup I've devised.

darrell johnson
    BPL Member

@bombay

Locale: in the woods

I fully understand the priority for new orders, but will order updated windscreen when they are available

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Hi guys, individual items are listed for sale now in the store:

550 mL Cookpot (with or without handles)

550 mL Windscreen (with or without cutout for handled cookpot)

550 mL Cuben Fiber Stuffsack

Ti-Wing Stove (notched for 550 mL Cookpot)

Ti Ground Protector / Heat Reflector (for Ti-Wing stove)

Note: windscreen and ground disc are made of slightly thicker ti foil than last year and will get less "wrinkly" and last longer.

ws

Thank you to all who received their orders and posted "stoked" status! Whoot :-)

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

This looks fantastic! Can't wait to set it up this weekend.

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

@ Gary –Brrrr…the extreme gear testing conditions have continued. I guess when it comes down to it I am not that hardy of a gear tester ;) Though I will be trying to avoid freezing my ass off today 'testing' my backcountry skiing transitions (warmer gloves slow everything down!). Let me know how the esbit test goes though, I am curious about using the esbit for an emergency snow melting kit.

Open question to the community: how winter worthy is esbit? Its listed on the elk mountain grand traverse required gear, but I hadn't heard of people using it in the cold, particularly for melting snow.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I think it's a great fire starter, especially when dealing with wet/frozen wood. There was one BPL member who messed around with melting snow with Esbit but unfortunately he removed the post. I seem to remember that it's possible but not ideal.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools