Topic

Looking for Ouray or Crested Butte area overnight loop trail.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Looking for Ouray or Crested Butte area overnight loop trail.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Smith

@flatfoot

My girlfriend and I will be in the Ouray/Crested Butte, CO area for a couple of days next week and we are wanting to go on a nice overnight backpacking trip. A nice loop with beautiful vistas and good water sources would be great. A total length of about 10-16 miles would be good and moderate but not strenuous as far as difficulty. If you have any good ideas for an overnight hike like this in or around these areas, please post em up! Thank you! David.

Klas Eklof
    BPL Member

@klaseklof

Locale: Northern California

David,
    In Ouray there is a very spectacular trail up Bear Creek. Near the top, you can make a nice loop from Engineer Pass around pts. 13,260' and 13,132'.

my photos are here:
    http://www.klaseklof.com/runs/HR06/03.HTML

Drake Mountain Maps:
    Mountains of Silverton, Telluride and Ouray
    is sufficient.

I cannot recommend this more strongly.

-k

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools