Topic

Has reading “Let My People Go Surfing” changed your thoughts on Patagonia’s gear and/or company?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Has reading “Let My People Go Surfing” changed your thoughts on Patagonia’s gear and/or company?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

Just found this. Thought some of you might like it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z20CjCim8DM

From Patagonia: "Worn Wear is an exploration of quality – in the things we own and the lives we live. This short film takes you to an off-the-grid surf camp in Baja, Mexico; a family's maple syrup harvest in Contoocook, Vermont; an organic farm in Ojai, California; and into the lives of a champion skier, a National Geographic photographer, and a legendary alpinist. It also features exclusive interviews with Patagonia founder Yvon Chouinard."

"Released as an antidote to the Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping frenzy, Worn Wear is an invitation to celebrate the stuff you already own."

Sean Passanisi
    BPL Member

@passanis

Just finished the book. A wonderful read. I had previously read and enjoyed "The Responsible Company" and liked this book even more.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

nm

Charles Compton
    BPL Member

@tyemax2

Locale: SF Bay Area

I love some of their stuff ( favs are R-1 fleece, guide pants), but don't like some of their other products ( hated the Black Hole pack). I do like the effort they put into pioneering environmental causes. Price wise they are steep, I'm willing to pay more for good quality. Brand name gear can be crap. Most of the big outdoor companies sell non technical clothing with their labels to make a quick buck. I won't pay more for a brand even if I like the founder.
    Wonder what will happen when Chouinard passes on. Will they become the like TNF? Hope not.
    I liked the book. Check out 180 degrees South it's a film they sponsored.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

"Wonder what will happen when Chouinard passes on?"

I have been wondering the same thing, Zard. I'm hoping that those who are working there, because they share the same ideals, will take it over continuing Yvon's legacy. At any rate, I'll check out 180° South.

Also, I just found the following last night…a partnership between Patagonia and ifixit. Check it out: http://www.ifixit.com/Patagonia

rOg w
    BPL Member

@rog_w

Locale: rogwilmers.com

deleted

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools