Topic

Valandre sleeping bags reduced

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Valandre sleeping bags reduced

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kenda Willey

@sonderlehrer

Moontrail, a San Antonio store with an online store, currently has some Valandre sleeping bags on sale. Don't know what the reduction is percentage wise, but Bloody Mary is USD49 for long 429 for medium, Shocking Blue is down to USD670 (from 745), and several others are also reduced, including the real cold-weather bags such as Odin and Thor. Free shipping in the continental US. I've never seen a sale on Valandre bags, so I assume it's a rarity.

Go here: http://www.moontrail.com.

I have several other sleeping bags and blankets, but I still think Valandre makes the world's best bags (also some of the most expensive). My early-80s Valandre is still my favorite once the nights get cold, and I'm thinking of getting another one.

Kenda Willey

@sonderlehrer

Of course, the Bloody Mary isn't a mere $49, it's 449. Sorry 'bout that.

Greg Yurkovich

@chubbs4u

Are these good bags? Found a 3 degree bag of this brand for a steal.

Kenda Willey

@sonderlehrer

They're excellent bags, but I don't know of a 3 degree bag. If you got it for a steal, count yourself lucky! Even when I bought mine about 30 years ago, it cost a couple hundred.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

"Found a 3 degree bag of this brand for a steal."

If I recall Valandre temperature ratings are at the "survival" end of the scale, not the "comfortable" end.

Edit: This was a few years ago, so Hopefully they are now rating their bags by the middle of their range. But I'd read all the fine print before committing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools