Topic

MSR Hubba NX

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MSR Hubba NX

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Donna C
    BPL Member

@leadfoot

Locale: Middle Virginia

What I like about my old Hubba with the center zip on the door is having one side open, one side closed so I can cook. The closed side allows for wind break for the stove. I don't know how this would work with the side zipped door on the NX.

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

OK, I get it now. The poster isn't really talking about switching the fly 180 degrees, he's talking about rolling back one flap of the fly's door or the other–he's talking about 90 degrees of flexibility, not 180.

Samuel: Thanks for the explanation. My attraction to the NX is that I like my green/brown Hubba (except for 3 lbs weight) but I would like the solid walls higher, as in the NX.

Being a desert dweller, I do like a small-footprint freestanding tent, as the ground is often challenging for secure staking or large sites to pitch–a trim tent will often fit betwixt and between.

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

I just picked up a Marmot Pulsar 2P on Steep and Cheap. I am pretty impressed so far. This seems to be "sleeper" tent. Very good specs and weight. More waterproof than most. Good Length for a 6'3" dude. But no one talks about it.

Ben

Jim Klazek
    Spectator

@klazek

I love this little tent with all the new tweaks in the re-design. Anything under 3 lbs. is A1 for me. Have added a lightweight gear loft and clothesline on inner. Three mods to the fly 1) tie-out loop to bottom of fly at head and foot. When deployed in rain it moves the drip-line out away from the ends of the floor. It is surprisingly effective, like the drip-channel on the fly door. 2) added 2 guy-out loops to the long pole about a 1/3 of the way up from the ground. The loops are sewn directly to a velcro fastener beneath the fly for direct connection to the tent pole. This along with the two stock tie-outs higher up on the front and rear vestibules give 4 point anchoring and the tent barely moves in driving/gusting wind and rain. 3) I cut the plastic toggle/ring hardware off for the door tie-backs, (left the red loops) too fiddly. Put a small hook on the inner loops and connection/dis-connection is now done in a millisecond. Also a few other minor tweaks not worth mentioning. Original weight of tent, fly, poles (no stakes,sacks cord)2lbs 7oz right on the button, new weight with mods 2lbs 10oz. Again, perfect for me and I'm sure ridiculously heavy for others. Each to his own, be happy!

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools