Topic

Trekking pole newbie questions what makes 1 better than another, solid/adjustable,why? Recommendations

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Trekking pole newbie questions what makes 1 better than another, solid/adjustable,why? Recommendations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Pamela Wyant

@riverrunner

"One thing that no one has mentioned is Leki's lifetime warranty. This is the main reason I went with Leki. I don't know what other companies have to offer as far as warranties, but I have heard TONS of great things about Leki's customer service. If your pole breaks, or anything on the pole breaks, Leki will replace it free of charge. I haven't had this experience personally, but I spoke with easily 15-20 people on the Appalachian Trail who told me how great Leki customer service was and how they really did uphold their lifetime warranty. "

That was my thru-hiking friend's reasoning for getting LEKI poles in the first place, but after the third bad slip with his, then getting a set of 'loaner' LEKI's (from a really nice outfitter along the trail) and finding that the loaner set of LEKI's did the same thing he decided no matter how good the warranty it was not worth risking a bad fall depending on a pole that might slip at any time.

Others experience may vary…

Pam

Pamela Wyant

@riverrunner

"What besides weight would determine the effectiveness and justify the additional money for the poles?"

One thing would be the type of grip and the material the grip is made from.

Eric Falk
    Spectator

@zerolimit

Bought the black diamond alpine cf solo as a pair of poles. Thanks for all of your help.

Ron Stoecklein
    BPL Member

@rs7trout

I switched from the Komp adjustables to the GG and wouldn't think about going back–feathers in your hands–I also think once you get used to the flex of the GG poles — it actually seems ot give me a little spring especially going down rocky trails—

Seems like they were talking about coming out with a new design for traveling–not sure if its out yet.

Ron

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools