Topic

Imusa Mug Lids 10cm

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Imusa Mug Lids 10cm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Imusa Mug 10cm Lids

I'm offering these food grade aluminum lids as a introductory offer.

1 purchase per customer

2 lids for the price of one

1 lid weighs 9 grams (has hardwood maple knob for lifting)

Made of FDA food grade aluminum

Cost for 2 lids is $7.00 + $2.00 shipping

This is a private sale for viewers of BPL

7.00 + 2.00 shipping.

Lids for 10cm Imusa Mugs at Zelphs Stoves

Even if you don't have the mugs now you can always buy them later, so get these lids now while they are on sale (special sale for BPL)

Combined weight of mug and lid is 2.9oz just so you know;) sale is for lids only

photo 96ff1ae8-d7d2-4e23-b573-75a23a40cd07_zps911132ea.jpg

DY
    Adventures In DIY Stove Making

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Thanks Dan,

I've always wanted some nice lids for my Imusa's, just oreded mine.
    Any plans for lids on the 12cm mug? That's the size I use the most.

Jack

Mike Megee
    BPL Member

@fx4hauler

Thanks Dan just ordered mine
    Mike.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Thank you to all that have purchased.

Jack, I'm looking for dies that I can use for the 12cm lid.

I bought up all the 10cm pots locally and will have them available with lids soon as a package deal.

DY
    Adventures In DIY Stove Making

Delmar O’Donnell

@bolster

Locale: Between Jacinto & Gorgonio

I really like these lids. The fit is good, and there's a little "hook" to the rim so the lid almost (but not quite) catches the pot, which should aid in the lid staying put. Nice strengthening ridges across the top, and a handy useable knob. Don't know if its screw is stainless steel or not, but if it isn't, I'll likely replace it with one. Underneath the rim of the lid is some sort of rubberized material, as you'd find on a canning lid. A hole's left over from a removed pull tab, and I might plug that if I can figure out how–or not, there are advantages to leaving the hole as is. All around a quality item. This is the second Zelph purchase I've made, and both items arrived being higher quality than I expected.

My MSR Titan Kettle, of similar size and shape, weighs 4.2 oz, cost $60. My Imusa mug with Zelph Lid, is 2.8 oz. Total cost: $6.50. And, aluminum is the superior metal in which to cook!

Does anyone have ideas on how (or in what) to wrap the aluminum handle, to keep it cool to the touch?

Kelly G
    BPL Member

@kellydt

My husband scrounged a bit of fire-proof fabric from the garage. I think it used to be insulating fabric (comes in strips) for fireplaces / woodstoves. He wrapped it around the handle with a bit of overlap and secured it with a 1/8" thick flat copper wire at each end. Occasionally in use, it gets flame licking up it and it's turned a bit brown, but otherwise, yep, it works fine. Still hot through the fabric but not too hot to handle (no pun intended). Kelly

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Delmar, glad you like the lids. I doubt the wind will ever blow the lid off because of that little hook overhang you mentioned.

The little hole is nice so you can see a stream of steam coming off when the water is getting ready to boil. In my tests it was nice to have that ability to see the steam.

The screw is stainless steel and goes all the way through the length of the knob.
    Thanks for the feedback on your lids:-)
    I now have mugs with lids available.

Hammock Hanger

@hammockhanger

Great idea. Looks like beautiful execution too, congratulations!

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Thank you HammockHangar :-)

All inventory has been sold.

I will have more in stock middle of next week.

. Kirby
    Spectator

@kirby805

Any news on the inventory? I just ordered a lid and mug – great deal btw!

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Hi Nate, I just finished making a batch of them. They are now available.

I now have the mugs with lids available on the same sale page as the "lids only" page. I had a "Black Friday" sale on them and I can now offer the same deal to BPL members.

10cm Imusa Pot/mug with Lid

Francis Fernandez

@redinfinity

Bought one, nice deal compared to a titanium cup for a similar weight. Thanks!

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Thank you "redinfinity" yes, similar weight and much better heat transmission which equates to better efficiency.

This is a super deal……

You can get a cup with lid or just buy 2 lids and get the cups locally at a wallyworld if there is one near that carries them. In my area there are four stores and only one carries them.

Give a few away as Christmas gifts.

Greg Cullison
    BPL Member

@gcullison

Dan,

Just spent a bunch of time and a little money on the Zelph Stove site. Great stuff!

Thanks,
    Greg

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Thanks Greg, my prices have always been low :-)

The prices on the pot and lids are really a good deal. Delivered to your door, no need to fight the crowded parking lots and windy cities/towns trying to find the elusive mugs with lids.

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

This is the last time I'll bump this one.

I have lots of these available. If you have scout troops that need to be equipped with some inexpensive gear, this is a good deal on lids and mugs. Scouts don't like bugs getting into their mugs. Get the lids to keep them happy campers :-)

Thanks to all that have taken advantage of this offer.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!!!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools