Topic

Tapered Micro Grid Pullover Sans Hood

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tapered Micro Grid Pullover Sans Hood

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jared J
    BPL Member

@jared_j

I am looking for something as close as possible to the NW Alpine Black Spider Hoody without a hood. I like that it is lighter weight / thinner than a Patagonia R1 pullover, but wish it didn't have a hood. Any suggestions for something comparable? I will likely use it for backpacking as well as winter running, and have a very strong preference towards the micro grid fabric for breathability. There's a fair number of micro grid pullovers I've found on the market, but I can't tell which ones have a very trim cut.

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

The new Capilene 4 comes in zip-neck and crew versions and is a very trim fit (its intended as a baselayer). It seems to have very favorable reviews and I'm probably going to pick up the hoody myself in the near future.

Adam

Maris L
    BPL Member

@ablaut

MEC has the T2 and T3, which come in crew or half zip layers. The T2 is a little lighter than a Cap 4, and the T3 is a little lighter than an R1. I have had both and they are slim, practically form fitting, but not restricting at all. I have had issues with the Cap 4/R1 stuff fitting too loose in the torso and too strangling in the arms.

Jacob Linton
    Spectator

@gardenhead

Locale: Western NC

Not sure what size you're looking for or whether or not this is even something comparable, but I've got an Eddie Bauer First Ascent midweight 1/4 zip top that I was going to toss in the free bin at the second hand gear shop.
    Men's small, as a baselayer I'd say it's more like a medium.
    I think it's this one: http://reviews.eddiebauer.com/9015/40646/eddie-bauer-midweight-1-4-zip-baselayer-reviews/reviews.htm

You're welcome to have it for the price of shipping.

Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra
    James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

http://www.mec.ca/product/5023-657/mec-t2-long-sleeved-zip-t-mens/

it was designed for high output activities like running and is form fitting and stretchy …

note the VERY deep zip

;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools