Topic

Burrow Quilt or Enigma Quilt?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Burrow Quilt or Enigma Quilt?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

I'm might buy a 20 degree Burrow or a 20 degree Enigma Quilt. Both look good to me. Anyone with info (beyond what is shown below) that would help me decide?

BURROW

ENIGMA

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I'm a huge fan of Tim's quilts. Never had a Burrow.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Don't own either but for me it'd come down to which baffle design I think would work better (Tim's for me). Comparing Long/Wide 20* quilts between the Enigma and the Burrow, the Burrow is advertised at 14 oz 900 fill vs the Enigma's 13 oz 850 Downtek.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Burrow is quite a bit cheaper, but don't know what fabric they use, so not sure apples to apples.
    Duane

Chad B
    BPL Member

@cenazwalker

Locale: Southwest

I have a 20* Burrow. Below is a link to a review if you are interested. Note that the standard Burrow dimensions are tailored to hammock use. I ordered a wide half taper, which the wide is only 1" more than a standard quilt from EE (55" vs 54"). 55" works perfectly for me but you may want/require something wider. The Burrow is made with Argon shell and liner and it is a very nice feeling material. The Enigma looks great and I don't think you could go wrong with either ones.

http://cenazwalker.wordpress.com/2013/10/11/hammock-gear-20-burrow-quilt/

Art Tyszka
    BPL Member

@arttyszka

Locale: Minnesota

+1 on the positive comments for EE. I'm waiting for the Enigma in Wide, as I toss and turn a lot and am a side sleeper. I currently have a Rev and RevX both in Wide and they width is perfect for me.

Jeff Sims
    BPL Member

@jeffreytsims

Locale: So. Cal

I am waiting for the Enigma in wide as well!! I have a 30 degree Rev 10d long/reg that I use 3 season and even though I am an active sleeper it is awesome. For winter I have a 10 degree long and wide Rev with an extra 3 oz of fill in 10d. again the workmanship is perfect, and Tim is great to work with to ensure that you get exactly what you are looking for.

slavenya slavenya
    BPL Member

@slavenya

Locale: Israel

For me Burrow Quilt did the job.

Actually I was so please with price/performance ratio that I worked with the owner directly and created custom made Burrow Quilt for couple.

Inspired by this thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/11371/index.html?skip_to_post=83261#83261

I got the quilt in enormous (King) size that we are using daily at home during cold winter nights.

It is absolutely AMAZING. Period. It is super light and super warm.

The only problem that it is very hard to get up….

Lance Stalnaker
    Spectator

@katangi

I have 4 burrow top quilts. They are great quilts, although mine are not the new argon material. Mine are the 55" wide reg taper-I do use mine in hammocks, so there is that, but Adam will work with you to make it as custom as you want, just give him a call. Great company to do business with. I live close to them in central Ohio and when I told him I had an older under quilt, he invited me to drop it off to make some new additions he was currently doing at no charge. He was very gracious, gave me a tour and of course we talked gear for an hour or so. Great folks there at HG. I am sure EE is similar as a small manufacturer, I love giving my business to the little guy here in the US. Good luck with it! Lance

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools