Topic

Bad Feedback for Moosejaw

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Bad Feedback for Moosejaw

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

You can't defeat me, Ramirez! I am the strongest!

krg

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

im hoping to be able to climb by dec again … right now im relearning how to walk …

but hey thats life … theres always arguing about marginal things on BPL in the mean time

and yes ill be in the bluffs if im able to climb by then … as not much else in squamish will be dry

again … first world problems, including my torn achilles …

now back to the important slightly brighter headlamp issues

;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

"im hoping to be able to climb by dec again … right now im relearning how to walk …"

I wish you a swift recovery and an even swifter return to climbing thereafter. You irritate the living bejeezus out of me sometimes with your non stop snark, but that, too, is a first world problem.

Best of luck, Eric.

And, now, back to the headlamps. ;0)

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

It's now Midnight. Pants did not even ship yet. Best 2-day shipping ever (we're on Business Day 4)

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Must be CIA

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

troll?

took his messgae to the next site?

Michael Ray
    Spectator

@thaddeussmith

I'm pretty sure I apologized and then left it alone…

Michael Ray
    Spectator

@thaddeussmith

ah i see now. both my rant and my apology were removed by mods.

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Ha. Michael, honestly, your response was interesting to the discussion at some level, and I think you were the victim of a lot of other BPL'ers jumping on a bandwagon. I get annoyed at whiners to, and HELL YES I type things out of frustration that are an overreaction.

You didn't have to apologize but you did anyways. Kudos to you. Why the mods deleted your stuff, I don't know, but I don't find you the least bit abrasive or deleterious to the discussion…

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Update:

Employee #3 on the Chat was no help. "I can't find that information, OR has it."

So I called on the phone. Moosejaw was polite to deal with over the phone. Two brief holds later, the issue was resolved. OR sent the tracking over but their computer system cut off a few digits from the tracking number. Moosejaw couldn't update without shipping info, so they just left it as "Processing." So, the package shipped Tuesday with 2-day shipping and it'll arrive tomorrow.

Phew.

I got them to e-mail me the correct tracking, too.

Compared to the process of ordering from Backcountry, Zappos, Amazon, etc…. I'm still likely done with the Moose. I'll probably let them keep emailing me though, for the laughs.

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

I think what Moosejaw is mostly guilty of is poor communication. I also work for a company that frequently drop-ships items direct from the manufacturer to the customer. Some manufacturers are great- same day shipping, super communication on tracking information, etc. Others have a policy (seriously) of not shipping for 5 days even if it's in stock unless you want to pay a 15% expedite fee. Some won't give you a tracking number to save their lives. Many manufacturers want distributors to carry inventory, and to handle the shipping of orders to customers. They don't want to do it themselves- otherwise they don't need distributors. What they want is to sell distributors large sales of bulk goods on their schedule, and then let the distributors handle the, well, distribution of those items. So they aren't geared up for- or interested in- timely shipping on individual single item orders.

I think what Moosejaw should have done is clearly stated that this item was not in their inventory, that it showed as a stock item from OR, but that they could not make a guarantee on shipping times for items not shipping from their own warehouses. This should have been communicated to Max on the website at the time of sale, and then if he called them the person on the phone should also have communicated that.

Brian Lindahl
    BPL Member

@lindahlb

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Agree with Dena. Sounds like bad communication and inadequate company policy when it comes to expedited shipping for drop-shipped items.

I've ordered from Moosejaw countless times and have never had a problem, including price matches and returns. They've always been really easy to deal with. Then again, I've never bothered with speedy shipping either.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

I have never used Moosey or whoever it is we are talking about. But based on this thread, I am not going to switch from one of their competitors. That is what happens in this electronic age.

More importantly, I don't need any gear or clothes, so I am not shopping anyway.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

I've ordered from Moosejaw a few times, but no offense to Max, it was quite clear in the drop down menu when the item can ship. When you select an item then use the drop down menus for color and size it gives a date next to it telling you when it will ship. I've occasionally changed my color choice based on that date…

I think their communication is clear, but Max may not have realized that's what it said. And as for the conversation with guy re the 2-day shipping…if the item wasn't going to be ready to ship until, say, Nov 2, but you needed it by November 5, then of course you'd pay extra for 2-day shipping.

For example…
    Shoe

Not sure why moosejaw is getting a bad rap here…….

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools