Topic

Supplements and Trail Bars

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Supplements and Trail Bars

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    David Wills

@willspower3

I've started taking supplements to try and pack on a few pounds and thought they would be handy for trail food. I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before, but I found some stuff called Carbo Gain by NOW foods. I just got some to use along side protein powder to add some good calories to the terrible scout camp food I am forcing down everyday. It is basically 100% maltodextrin, a complex carb from corn. I also got some dextrose, a simple sugar derived from corn, for immediate energy. I am pretty sure a shake mixed with 20% dextrose and 80% carbo gain would make great additions to breakfast and lunch on the trail with protein shakes supplementing lunch and dinner for muscle reconstruction. Without rambling too much, i was wondering if anyone knows how I could make a packable trail bar out of carbogain, dextrose, protein powder, and some oil (olive, sunflower, or other) to avoid the hassle of mixing shakes and carrying a smelly mixing bottle. I am by no means a baker or a cook, so i am pretty much clueless to how these ingredients respond to baking and mixing with oil, but i would love an energy packed bar with these basic ingredients to tailor my nutrition to my needs.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools