Topic

Emigrant Wilderness THs during The Shutdown?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Emigrant Wilderness THs during The Shutdown?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bill Law
    BPL Member

@williamlaw

Locale: SF Bay Area

Some friends and I are planning a trip to Emigrant Wilderness this weekend and are wondering about the situation at the Crabtree Meadows TH.

Has anybody been there during the govt shutdown? Gates open, scary signs, armed guards?

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

We have not been there during the shutdown, but we have a cabin nearby. There are certainly trailheads that you can access without much trouble: The ones on Clark Fork Road, for example, or Sonora or ST. Mary's Pass. And Leavitt MEadows, on the east side, is self-register for your permits

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Any updates on this? I was interested in starting at Crabtree as well.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

I have interest there too on 10/26-27. I guess I will make a call to the Pinecrest RS. Kennedy Meadows store and restaurant is a private company and I do not think they are being shutdown. Hike On!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools