Topic

Sawyer Mini design…so close

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Sawyer Mini design…so close

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

SWEET!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my mod cost $0 and 15 min. of my time and there was pretty much no way to screw it up :)

Still…if you want to trade let me know.

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

Sawyer Mini>>>

So I tried the mod that as shown in John's pic above with a Platypus threaded cap, but the epoxy did not hold :(

I note that the epoxy that I used says "Does not bond polyethylene or polypropylene plastics." Perhaps this is the problem? I did lightly sand both surfaces first… and wiped clean before gluing.

Anyone else had this problem? Solution?

thanks,
    Billy

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I bought a 3 liter Platyus Hoser. I would have bought 4 liter bag but wasn't available.

I don't use the hose. Cut off short length of hose. Screw onto clean water bottle

0.28 ounce

I tried it and it seemed like it put same amount of pressure backflushing filer as the syringe

hoser

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools