Topic

colorado trail yo-yo attempt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips colorado trail yo-yo attempt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jonathan hauptman

@6hauptman6

Locale: A white padded room in crazy town.

I am out on the trail July 5th or 6th!!! Planning on 20-25 mpd/40-45 days. I have several resupply boxes ready to be sent out, but might consider buying along the way instead. I have not been on the colorado before, been a while since I have last been at altitude(I am a Philadelphia boy, so altitude is hard to find/lived in Montana/Idaho for a couple of years and fell in love with 'real' mountains, but it has been a couple of years since then), and I have yet to fully lose my winter gut. Because of this I might end up going even slower at the start which could make it hard to estimate where to send my resupply boxes. While I think it will be a rough start(first week or so I will probably still be adjusting to the terrain and losing my gut), I beleive I can succeed in a yo-yo as long as I can avoid injury.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools