Topic

Fujifilm HD-3W “Big Job”

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Fujifilm HD-3W “Big Job”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rick Dreher
    BPL Member

@halfturbo

Locale: Northernish California

If you're a member of the use-camera-to-pound-tent-pegs set and don't want to spring for the costly Caplio 500G Wide, you might poke about for one of these.

http://fujifilm.jp/personal/digitalcamera/bigjobhd3w/index.html

I can only glean bits of information from the Japanese Web listing, but it seems to be a conservative 6 megs and to have a 28-84/3.3-4.0 eq. lens. Maybe 385g w/o batteries?

Yet again no viewfinder, but a very grippable shape and controls that look agreeably easy to use.

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Here's some more on the "BigJob". No weight/size info yet.
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0706/07062001fujibigjob.asp

Sam .

@samurai

Locale: NEPA

Reads like it's going to be a brick.

Hope I'm wrong.

"perfect for the construction, engineering, health and safety and manufacturing industries"

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

It's 390g, 128.3×80.5×45 mm. 2x AA
    That is 13oz plus a bit,5" and a wee bit x 3" and two wee bits x 1" and three wee bits

Franco

kevin davidson

@kdesign

Locale: Mythical State of Jefferson

Practically weighs as much as my G6—-which I'd rather use, thank you very much.

Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne

"Maybe 385g w/o batteries?"

I can read a little of that – it's 385 grams without the battery or picture card, if that makes sense, and 420 grams with them.

万 is the character for "10,000" so 604万 means 604 x 10,000 so it seems to have 6.04 megapixels.

It's also waterprof.

Maybe Miguel could help?

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Erm, let's see. It's designed for use on construction sites. Has ISO 1600. Uses a 28 mm (35 film equivalent value) wide zoom lens. Something about a world first with (I think) registering data while being able to shoot at the same time. Strong in the rain and dust. Big monitor. Has a flash that reaches up to 10 meters. Features a lot of controls for use in construction sites. 6.04 megapixels. 3 something monitor. 3x zoom.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I don't know if this will work but the link should take you to a 4 way spec comparison . If not just search for the Fuji at Let's Go Digital.
    Franco
    http://www.letsgodigital.org/en/camera/specification/compare/1432-727-1472-1353.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools