Topic

O’Mails Blog: Anish Breaks Speed Record For Lunch At ALDHA-West Gathering

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web O’Mails Blog: Anish Breaks Speed Record For Lunch At ALDHA-West Gathering

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Shane O’Donnell

@jester2000

Locale: In front of a computer, tragically
    Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Man was that funny! Very Onion-esque.

Shane O’Donnell

@jester2000

Thanks!

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Not sure how to take it. Is this mocking her and the fact that she was once heavy? I know of the accomplishment this gal did which was quite a feat, I have a lot of respect for her. Maybe I don't know enough about it. I have heard very little about her on BPL.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Mark,

She was laughing about this article and praising Jester's humor on Facebook. I personally see nothing mean spirited in this. I think this is directed more at a through-hikers infamous appetite.

Shane O’Donnell

@jester2000

Mark — I understand and share your concern, which is why I clear these things with anyone mentioned in them before I type a single word. You'll note that Anish appears in all of the photos, and while you might be under the impression that she might not have known what I was going to do with them, the proof is in the last photo: it's a completely staged shot with Anish in the background with an empty plate and a sad look on her face as Swami breaks her Lunch record.

In fact, I hadn't intended to have her in that shot at all until she suggested it.

The truth is, this article is just a bit of goofiness, not meant to insult anyone. All the people involved had a great sense of humor about it and actually made the piece better by their suggestions.

So don't worry about overthinking these things. I do that before you ever read them.

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Now I feel bad about bringing it up sorry

Shane O’Donnell

@jester2000

No, I think you're right to be concerned, Mark. I really don't want anyone to think that I write these things with any sense of malice, particularly not the people in them. But you don't know that about me, so it's cool!

Shane O’Donnell

@jester2000

Shane O’Donnell

@jester2000

Here's the latest one of these things (this time about cheese):

The Power Of Cheese

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I love your O-mails and don't understand why there isn't a flurry of activity (and groupies) around these posts. I suspect that most of the stuff down here at the bottom just doesn't receive the same traffic for whatever reason. Funny stuff again and I'll be sure to up my cheese tonnage on my next hike.

Edit: Ok I guess I just needed to give it more time.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Mmmm Cheesy!

cheesy |ˈCHēzē| adjective
    1 like cheese in taste, smell, or consistency:
    2 cheap, unpleasant, or blatantly inauthentic:

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME
    Shane O’Donnell

@jester2000

Love it!

Shane O’Donnell

@jester2000

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools