Topic

Responding to PM’s

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Responding to PM’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt B
    BPL Member

@mbnow

Locale: New England

So i contacted support about this and have heard no reply. I did check the box that said it wasnt urgent, so maybe thats my fault.

Anyway, when i receive a pm in my email inbox I have to click on a link that takes me to BPL so i can reply to the message.
    All good so far. But once i hit send, i realised i now have no copy of the message i sent, because its not sent from my email. Also there doesn't seem to be anywhere in My BPL that shows sent messages.
    Am i missing something?
    I wouldn't mind have a copy of messages i have sent especially when you are having a running conversation over pm's.

thanks

Matt.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Nope. You have not missed anything. That's how those work. I use the PM system all the time. Yes it would be nice to be able to keep track easily. But there you have it. Use the PM as an opportunity to share your e mail address off the forum.

Lance M
    BPL Member

@lancem

Locale: Oregon

Before you hit the send button, you can copy the text of your PM and paste it into a text editing program like Notepad or Word. It's a pain, but at least you get an archive copy for yourself. I save my PM's, sometimes with additional notes, in a 'BPL' folder in 'My Documents'.

Matt B
    BPL Member

@mbnow

Locale: New England

ok, thanks for the replies.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

It is actually easier to keep a running file, per conversation, in a word document. Then just cut and past between them. It helps with fumble fingers and spelling…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools