Topic

Educate me on guylines and line locks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Educate me on guylines and line locks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Locale: Central Texas

@Jen: You're in Texas now; you gotta at least learn how to make a noose! YeeHaw!

Just kidding, but seriously… if we ever manage to meet up, I'll teach you two knots and one hitch that you can use all sorts of ways. I'm a good teacher.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

"Just kidding, but seriously… if we ever manage to meet up, I'll teach you two knots and one hitch that you can use all sorts of ways. I'm a good teacher."

This sounds pretty serious….
    Meeting up, tying knots, talks of getting hitched. AND he's a good teacher…

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

But, he's from Central Texas. You won't know if he is serious unless he invites you to go with him to the gun range.

–B.G.–

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Kat, you stop that right now. I'm an honorable man and I love my girlfriend and son.

Actually, practicing knots and hitches with my girlfriend may have been a contributing factor in making our son….

Anyway, Jen has way more backcountry experience than I do, and I'm sure she has a lot to teach me! But I was in Boy Scouts and the Navy, and I did live on a sailboat for a while, so I know a bit about knots. Oh, and I can splice rope, too.

@BG: No gun range for me. I'm all for the disarming of US citizens. The second amendment is outdated and needs to be repealed. *ducks*

edited by request.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I was joking…

But given that you continue to call me cat pee, you had it coming.

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

I know. I get a kick out of feigning 'righteous indignation' on the internet. It's really hard to hurt my feelings or 'get my goat'. My goat is damned-near ungettable.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"No gun range for me. I'm all for the disarming of US citizens. The second amendment is outdated and needs to be repealed. *ducks* "

Daniel, there are enough second amendment advocates around here that you might need to head underground for a while.

–B.G.–

Daniel Pittman
    Spectator

@pitsy

Oh, I'm not saying I don't know how to use a gun if it comes down to it…. I am a Texan, after all. I could have a rifle in my hands in ten minutes if the shit hits the fan.

But the most advanced weaponry I allow under my roof is a machete, which I keep handy for zombies and/or Mormons.

Elizabeth Tracy
    BPL Member

@mariposa

Locale: Outside

Is anyone using Lawson's glowire in black? Orange and green are out of stock, at the moment.

Do the bright tracers make up for the dark color?

Like many here, I like bright guylines so that I can avoid tripping over them both day and night; and also to locate the tent in the dark.

– Elizabeth

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools