Topic

summer sleeping solution thoughts?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear summer sleeping solution thoughts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sean Perry

@shaleh

Locale: SF Bay Area

I currently have a nice Big Agnes bag for cold weather use (gets to 15F can be stretched). What I love about the bag is that my sleeping pad is attached in a sleeve under the bag. I am a heavy tosser and used to wake up constantly to look for my pad.

With the summer season starting I have been thinking about some kind of midweight sheet with a sleeve sown in the bottom. Has anyone seen a pattern for soemthing similar? Evenings where I will be sleeping will likely not get below 60 (mostly be into the 75 – 85 range).

David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Locale: mid-west

There are many bag liners available for different conditions. There are ultra light silk liners and heavy weight fleece liner. I would think that you could just fashion a strap system that would go under your mat and attach to the other side. My 20 deg bag has this system and it is just a strap of material with a small plastic buckle/clasp on one side. There are two straps – one by the shoulders and one by the knees – it works well.

Good luck

Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools