Topic

Patagonia Houdini $75.98

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Patagonia Houdini $75.98

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike Klinefelter
    Spectator

@mjkline

Locale: Southern California

Prolitegear.com has the Patagonia Houdini on sale for $75.98, all sizes currently available.

Dirk Rabdau

@dirk9827

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Mike:

Thanks for the notice but I can't seem to find the Houdini on their website for less than 124.00. Do you have a link?

Thanks!

Dirk

Jason Shaffer

@pa_jay

Locale: on the move....

Ditto. Is there a coupon code or something?

Steve .

@pappekak

Locale: Tralfamadore

Not there anymore. I did a search for Houdini yesterday to verify and it came up immediately.

Mike Klinefelter
    Spectator

@mjkline

Locale: Southern California

It appears that ProliteGear stopped the sale on all Patagonia clothing (including all the Wool 2 & 3 clothing that had a big discount). If you do a Froogle.com search for Patagonia Houdini it still comes up showing ProliteGear at $75.98. I think they must have stopped the sale sometime on 6/14 after my post.

Adrian B
    BPL Member

@adrianb

Locale: Auckland, New Zealand

Seems to be back on sale ?

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Mens and Womens, and a great deal on the Patagonia Lightweight travel pack. I paid full price and still think its a deal. Makes a good day-hike pack and has a removable sit-pad, and clever straps which can be compression straps or a waist strap.

http://www.prolitegear.com/patagonia_lightweight_travel_pack.html

Siegmund Beimfohr
    BPL Member

@sigbeimfohr

Brett,
    I've been looking for a small daypack and the Travel Pack is on my short list (found the REI UL Flash too short if using the waist strap and want side pockets). How useful are the side mesh pockets on the Patagonia Lightweight travel pack? They appear very narrow; one of the pictures on Patagonia 's web site looks like a small fuel bottle. Any idea what type of bottle they'll hold (24 oz Gatoraide or other narrow water bottle)? I assume a quart nalgene would be too large? Appreciate any info. Thanks.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I'm not Brett… but since he has so shamelessly hijacked a Houdini thread to peddle a travel pack (!), I'll add my two cents…

The pack looks great for day hikes! But if you plan to use this for your travels — when you may access the pack multiple times a day, then having to buckle/unbuckle/adjust three straps plus an internal cord and cord lock every time can be a chore. I suppose three straps will help scrunch down the pack more effectively than one, but I don't think one needs so many adjustments for a pack that's pretty small to begin with.

For travel use, I like my day pack to be both light and simple — I access mine frequently in the course of a day… taking out or putting back a guidebook or jacket, putting in small souvenirs collected during the day, etc. Thanks also to Brett, I got a MontBell Versalite 20:

It's simpler, and I like the large bottom exterior pocket which occupies the entire lower third of the pack, with one opening on each side (all connected).

The address below leads to my review write up as well as a link to BPL's spotlight review of this pack.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/reviews/display_reviews?forum_thread_id=8013&cat=Backpacks%20%2D%20Frameless&cid=13

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

you skillfully pirated this thread much better than I did, complete with pics.. : ) both are great light travel packs. Tough to choose only one.
    About the Patatonia, you can release the two side buckles and they become a waist belt, leaving only one side-release clip and an internal drawstring securing the main compartment..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools