Topic

Ursack S29 AllWhite question for owners

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ursack S29 AllWhite question for owners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

For those of you that own the white version of this – has the ursack changed color at all over time and how long have you owned it? I bought one off of craigslist but it is completely yellow. After investigating it appears to be the V27 version of the ursack which was yellow. The previous owner claims he bought it from ursack as the S29 about a year ago and he "thinks" it was bleach white when he first bought it. However, he said he has only owned it about a year. I think he's full of it. The bag I have is uniformly yellow including the cord. Over a year's time I could see the white getting dirty, but not this yellow. I've included a picture below. Any opinions?

Ursack

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Maybe it's my device, but it does not look yellow to me; rather off white. The ones I have seen are off white too. On top of that it could be dirty..

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

That's what I thought at first. Here is a video of what they look like new – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztjPHKmaEv4. That one is definitely white, more akin to the color of the surfboard in the picture, rather than off white. To me, there is a big difference when compared to the one in the video, but maybe I'm wrong. Below is what I would expect a dirty ursack to look like that is white.

dirty

Rick Adams
    BPL Member

@rickadams100

that looks alot like my s29 before washing. However, it is weird that the coloring looks rather uniform. Mine is more than a year old and hasn't discolored with time, just dirt. Could it be an older Ursack Minor? I'd probably call Ursack for guidance.

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

why don't you email the customer service guy at the UrSack web site..

b

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

"why don't you email the customer service guy at the UrSack web site.."

I did contact Ursack. However, I thought I'd get opinions of others who have used it here as well. They told me they stopped selling the V27 (yellow version) in 2007. I followed up by sending a picture so we'll see what they think. I wouldn't ordinarily care, except for the off chance that the S29 gets approved in SEQI.

Chris C
    BPL Member

@cvcass

Locale: State of Jefferson

My ursack doesn't have a grommet where the rope pulls through, just two melted holes on the inside of the closure. Mine is an S29 "all white".

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Well Ursack confirmed it's not the S29. He said it is either the V27 or V29 both made of Vectran.

Anthony Meaney
    BPL Member

@ameaney

Locale: Canada

I have two one which is white and one which looks like yours. The picture above is an earlier version which was an off-white beige colour – mine has stayed the same colour over 5 years.

The newer one I have is still very white after several uses.

Of course I give 'em a quick wash post trip.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools