Topic

load hauler backpack properties

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) load hauler backpack properties

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jani Kikuts
    Spectator

@enginerd

Locale: Southern California

Just got back from 6 day trip, 31 pounds at trail head. Loved, loved, loved the lightning 60. The pack does such a good job transferring load to the hips I just wanted relied on shoulder belts to stabilize the whole way. I too was worried about the center stay bothering my spine but after gently curving it to my body shape it was no issue at all, highly recommend.

David Ure

@familyguy

Rick, my LBP 38 with the PG and 24.5" stays is not even close to 79 litres. It is a genuine 60L ish pack.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

David is correct. That volume includes the optional attachments. Been awhile since I measured it.

If interested, there more here:

http://popupbackpacker.com/backpacking/gear/mchale-lbp-36/

Hope you figure out what you need.

I'm leaving on a trip today and won't be back until the end of the month, just in case anyone has any questions about the link above.

Nathan Coleman
    BPL Member

@rockchucker30

Our 4800 rolltop in stone gray with a black base talon is on sale right now.

Paradox Evo / 4800 / Base Talon

This package is normally $508.

Use coupon code Paradox20 at checkout and the price drops to $406.40. That is a savings of $101.60.

Sale ends September 12th, and we are guaranteeing the pack ships by October 12th.

I thought this was pertinent information to this thread. Someone wanted a light load hauler under $400, well this gets very close.

I have personally had a lot of experience with "heavy load capable" backpacks. I have owned nine different models of Kifaru packs over the years, had a Canadian made Arc'teryx Bora, a Bozeman made Dana Stillwater with the arcflex frame, and I've had six different external frame packs. In my experience with 25 or so load hauling packs I was disappointed in performance and weight. That is why we designed the Paradox Evolution. IMO it blends the best features of external frame and internal frame packs, and it is hands down the most comfortable load hauler on the market. Admittedly I am a bit biased….

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools