Topic

Semi-UL for me anyways

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Semi-UL for me anyways

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

This is aimed towards CO 11,000 feet on up. Mostly carrying the gear up to a "basecamp" to try some Fourteeners. I will end up carrying the pack over a few high passes.

Water is usually available so I carry just the 1 liter Platy, with one in reserve. I will wear a Silkweight top and carry the bottoms in the pack. (Usually what I sleep in). The Spraymaster Jacket is kinda heavy but it moves very well over difficult terrain. (Maybe overkill on the clothing but I have been miserable on certain occasons and don't like it)

My food weight is about 4 pounds. High calorie Snickers, brownies and such. Cheaper than energy bars and much tastier, although hardly what I would call organic. The only food missing is some fresh bagels that I will grab when I get closer to the trail.

I am debating regarding the conditions if they require an ice axe.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
    BPL A
    Amp
    Clothing
    Cooking
    Food and Water

Steve .

@pappekak

Locale: Tralfamadore

Is the empty 1 liter Platypus really 1.8 oz?

Christopher Chupka

@fattexan

Locale: NTX

Oops, the 1.8 is for both bottles empty.

I did not realize how much water weighs until I broke out the scale. When in the field in the military I will carry 8 liters of water. 3 liter hydration in ruck, 3 liter in removeable Camelbak, and 2 1 liter canteens in web gear.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools