Topic

REI 2014 Gear … new tents, packs, etc.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) REI 2014 Gear … new tents, packs, etc.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

Here's a link to a preview of the REI 2014 line expected in Feb of 2014 …. noticed a few new additions to their lines ….

REI 2014 PREVIEW

alex hansen

@holden425

Where did you find this? Rei retail employees havent even seen this yet

Rich J
    Spectator

@pnwhiker

Locale: Pacific NW

Interesting, they are going to all water repellent down in the bags.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I wonder which favour of Dwr down they are using.

Steve K
    BPL Member

@skomae

Locale: northeastern US

Where did you find this? Rei retail employees havent even seen this yet

In my REI experience the press usually gets to find out about stuff before the employees… although the employees will soon get a booklet and special deals to match…

Trace Richardson
    BPL Member

@tracedef

That would be correct regarding the press. :)

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/7/prweb10979796.htm

Mobile Calculator
    Spectator

@mobile-calculator

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Some interesting new/updated stuff. What better time to release an ultralight tent than after the return/warranty policy change, eh?

Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

We have the Quarterdome T2 Plus from years ago. They have shaved weight considerably, but at the price of space. Our tent has 35 sq ft, and we can get our packs inside if we need to without feeling cramped. They have eliminated the T2 Plus, and the T2 is onloy 29 sq ft, with a very narrow foot end. Basically, there's enough space for your sleeping pad and your partner, that's it. I'm skeptical what they are calling the "avg min weight"–that's close to the fly pitch weight of the current tent, what do they consider the average minimum?

While I would like to have a lighter tent, I want all the function of the tent we have. Also, the doors don't look like they would be easy to exit out of, and I think they've eliminated some head room as well.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

My buddy that works at REI told me last week about the Dash tent. So some employees are informed about these things.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Yumpin' Yimminy! The price for Kimtah parka and pants has SOARED!

Glad I got mine on sale before they fiddled with details on the "new" versions.

And STILL REI has kep the front pockets low, right where a waist belt will be, instead of high where they could act as vents and saved the weight and expense of pit zips.

Steve K
    BPL Member

@skomae

Locale: northeastern US

The Kimtah has always been $239, at least as of Spring 2011. I bought the Kimtah pants when they were initially released, last year, and they were $189.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools