Topic

Fire Pot and Titanium Windscreen Kit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Fire Pot and Titanium Windscreen Kit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

If you won't be wood burning, you can get by with the aluminium cone. Trail Designs doesn't list the Fire Pot as an option so you might have to order a custom cone, which adds $15 to the cost, bringing it to $49.95. However, since they have already got a design for this pot and you don't need the stove or a caddy, you may be able to get them to reduce the price a little.
    According to the website, they're away on vacation at the moment, but they're normally very good about responding to emails IME. I suggest you write to them and ask.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Brittany, Rand Lindsly… is the person that will give you the straight "scoop" on your inquiry.

Has returned from his recent adventure.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Rand will certainly help you. He has offered to do this in the past, at least. his is one thing a manufacturor offers over a MYOG, he knows his products and what he can adapt them to easily. Good people at Trail Designs…

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

Rand at Trail Designs has refused to include the Fire Pot in their line of pots. They will not sell directly the Ti Cone that is custom made for it even though I authorize the use of my dimensions etc. They gave no reason for the decision.

By early next week I should have a viable Titanium windscreen that will work well with the Fire Pot.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools