Topic

Late Sept. Highline Trail end to end:

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Late Sept. Highline Trail end to end:

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jason Robichaud
    BPL Member

@j4design_build

Hey y'all,

I'm trying to see what you folks think of this list:

http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=14986

I am not trying to go crazy light on this hike just trying to enjoy being out on the trail for 6-7 days. I have a few other shelters, GG Spinntarp, ZPacks pocket tarp, MLD superlight bivy, etc. I am thinking the Locus Khufu because I'll be doing this with my dog so it will provide nighttime rain protection for us both. But I'm open to suggestions about versatility. And I'm not taking any insulating layers besides thermals, is that a good move? I may want to chill at night and watch the stars but I'm not opposed to wrapping up in my bag for warmth. I also have a light fly rod set up I am considering. Is it worth it or not? I'll be doing 12-18 miles a day.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John Vance
    BPL Member

@servingko

Locale: Intermountain West

Insulation is totally dependent on the weather in three or four weeks. It could still be relatively warm or extremely cold. The Highline is fairly low as far as the Winds are concerned, but the end of Sept can vary wildly from year to year.

As a side note, I would stay on the Freemont trail as much as possible. It parallels the Highline but is MUCH more scenic, albeit with some additional ups and downs. Weather permiting, the Freemont offers more of what makes the Winds so spectacular.

Jason Robichaud
    BPL Member

@j4design_build

It is the Highline trail in the Uintas not the Wind River Range. Sorry John. I do agree, this list is flexible based on weather that week. I will be heading out around 9/21.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools