Topic

Sea To Summit Nano 1 bug shelter in an MLD Duomid

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Sea To Summit Nano 1 bug shelter in an MLD Duomid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

I haven't seen this combo before, so I figured I would post up some pictures of how this Sea To Summit Nano 1 person bug shelter fits and works in a Duomid. It's asymmetrical. I attached the bug net to the Duomid with z-line from Zpacks and the smallest s-biners Nite Ize sells.

Desert Dweller

@drusilla

Locale: Wild Wild West

Very nice combo! What is the combined weight?

rmeurant
    BPL Member

@rmeurant

Locale: Laniakea

Ha, I have been intending to do the same for my Khufu, and to that end bought the Nano 1 (in black). But I had intended to extend the line from the peak of the Mid to the apex of the nano down to the Mid mid-end stake (at the head), to pull the Nano apex slightly towards that end (side) i.e the head end. but from your photo, it hardly looks necessary.

Actually, when I think about it, I now wonder if the one I purchased is in fact the Nano? It doesn't have that name on it, either on the display card or the stuff bag. Is there any advance over the Sea-to-Summit Mosquito Pyramid Net Single, 245 gms/8.6oz., dimensions 220cm/7'3" x 120cm/4' x100cm/3'6"; or has it just been renamed the Nano for the US market?

I assume you can pitch the two, Mid and Nano, as a complete system?

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Robert,

I also just bought the Nano to go under a Khufu Sil. The Nano is around 2.5 – 3 oz, so it's definitely worth making sure you have the Nano version. Also, for both the single nano (what I have) and the double (that has a small spreader bar and probably wouldn't work as well in a mid using a center pole), there is a regular and a permethrin-treated version.

I envisioned setting mine up on a ZPacks cuben groundsheet that has bathtub sides to it, so that the netting would go on top of the groundsheet and tucked under my keeping pads. If this works, there would be no staking or tying out corners of the Nano. After seeing the photos above, I may play around a little bit more.

Alaskaoneday
    BPL Member

@alaskaoneday-2

Locale: Northern CA

I actually use a Sea to Summit Nano with a Zpacks Poncho/Groundsheet under my HMG UltaMid 2 and found that it works great for me. I love being able to get in and out of it without having to use zippers or find a door and have had no issues with the net edges staying under my pad even though I pretty much sleep in a 'spin cycle'. It has been a great addition to my sleep system.

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

This is what I have been using this summer. Works great, have been very satisfied with it. I don't like those #00 plastic s-biners though, everything catches on the lip. I stake out the net corners. I have the extra stakes anyway in case I need to use the mid panel tieouts.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Richard,

Thanks! It was your posting that lead me to try this option; I have the net already but haven't had a chance to set it up yet. Maybe tomorrow in the back yard!

S Long
    BPL Member

@izeloz

Locale: Wasatch

The Duomid and net tent w/line and mini biners in the MLD stuff sack weighs 627 g. (~22 oz).

Thomas Gauperaa
    BPL Member

@gauperaa

Locale: Norway

Note that the nano isn't noseeum proof – I've seen them crawl through mine :).

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

How much do you touch the netting when laying down, especially at the foot end? I hate waking up realizing a part of me has been up against the net and finding that those damned mosquitos have been feasting on me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools