Topic

Flat Tops Wilderness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Flat Tops Wilderness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

hiker at derby peak

Read the new trip report at Dondo Outdoors.

Ben Wortman
    BPL Member

@bwortman

Locale: Nebraska

Great report. Makes me want to go back. I have been in the southern flat tops 4 times, but never to the North or East. Looks like it would be worth the trip even with the cows. At least you shouldn't have to pack in as much food. It is sort of like fishing for trout to eat right? It might take you a few more days to finish off a cow though!

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Thanks, Ben. It would certainly be an "all you can eat" buffet…and then some. Leave the ti spork at home and bring your knife and fork.

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

It all sounds familiar except for being THAT punked out by the cows!

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Yep,Tim, I admit to being freaked out by the number of cows out there. If I ever get to be Secretary of the Interior, I'm boosting grazing fees and ordering pallets of XXXXXXXXXXXXL diapers for each one of the cows, as well as hiring a corps of nannies to change the diapers at regular intervals. Until then, I'll probably stick to steeper, cow-free terrain, and take my chances with the bears.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools