Topic

looking for a UL shirt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) looking for a UL shirt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bryan
    BPL Member

@neeonbrowwn

thinking about the arcteryx skyline.. 6 oz, stretch fabric

http://www.amazon.com/Arcteryx-Skyline-Shirt-L-S/dp/B00BBOQ34Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376440841&sr=8-2&keywords=arcteryx+skyline

any other ideas? athletic fit is a must

thanks

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

As I first read this, I assumed you were looking for something like a stretch base layer. Why not go the base layer route and then supplement that with a trim fit runners wind shell?

And that assumes it is for backcountry wear— or are you looking for something more travel oriented?

Anonymous
    Inactive

"any other ideas? athletic fit is a must"

While you're looking at Arcteryx, you might take a look at the Motus and Accelerator LS T's. Motus is lighter, SPF 25, breathes extremely well, and dries quickly. It's a great Sierra backcountry shirt, and also presentable enough for casual wear in town.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

The Golite Wildwood Trail Running Shirt is 3.4oz in a Mens Medium.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Any number of lightweight wicking shirts will do, so I'll make your life more difficult and add another option to the pot.

I was recently given the Mountain Hardwear Way2Cool tshirt from a friend and ran a really long run in this shirt this past Saturday with a nice mix of heat and cool weather. Perfect conditions for testing a lightweight active shirt. I was very impressed with the shirt and how it worked during our outing. The shirt uses MHW's new fabric called the "CoolQ Zero". I don't know what all went into the design of the shirt, but I do know that it wicks moisture admirably and the fit is very much athletic without being too "techy". The colors come in obnoxious orange, belligerent blue, or wanker white. I would say it's most comparable to Patagonia's Capilene 1, but this shirt feels cooler to the touch and doesn't get as warm in the sun as Capilene 1 has for me in the past.

Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

+1 on the Golite Wildwood trail running shirt. Excellent stretch, incredible breathability.

bryan
    BPL Member

@neeonbrowwn

though all the running and hiking base layers look good (for a BL I just use my STP redram SS wool v-necks ..cheap!)

travel-oriented is more of what i am looking for, something with a collar that could pass as a regular shirt.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I own a couple of way2 cool t's and just (yesterday) ordered another-I'm using them for warm weather running and not another shirt in my quiver (and a have a few) wicks as well or feels as cool- they machine wash/dry up great; it's a very good t-shirt for warm weather aerobic activities

– –
    BPL Member

@hflege

Jake S

@spags

http://www.basspro.com/The-North-Face-Horizon-Peak-Woven-Shirts-for-Men-Short-Sleeve/product/12111305574441/

Look at outdoorsy retailers like basspro and cabellas. Usually they'll have something applicable in an outdated color on clearance.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools