Topic

Stephenson Tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Stephenson Tent

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Does not look all that windy. The guy's jacket is not flapping around. Nor is whatever is hanging in his mouth. Sounds windy, yes.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Well since no body mentions their estimates of wind speed and no instruments are being used to measure it…

I've seen blowing ice crystals do that at >20mph wind. Which I don't consider windy. But if you say so, OK.

And thanks for the insight to your personality.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Now that is the kind of wind I modded my Scarp 2 to handle.

We'll see if it is still as good as I think it is this winter at 9,000 ft. on a mountain plateau. It's almost always quite windy up there on Mt. Charleston's North Loop trail.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> I've seen blowing ice crystals do that at >20mph wind. Which I don't consider windy.
    I was willing to give it 30 mph. Windy, but not all that bad.

Cheers

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"Windy, but not all that bad."

What does the Caffin Wind Scale look like?

–B.G.–

Ozzy McKinney
    Spectator

@porcupinephobia

Locale: PNW

Due to the last few years worth of concerns over declining quality of the Stephenson tents, I'd take a Hilleberg if I were expecting full on exposed stormy madness. I really want an Unna. My wife does not share my enthusiasm.

This video does give some measurements, plus it is just kind of fun to watch.

YouTube video

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools