Topic

Aquamira and drink mix

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Aquamira and drink mix

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steve P
    BPL Member

@swillhiker-2

Ok, I tried my darndest to search this but no luck. So….

I use Aquamira Drops to treat my water, and then after waiting I add some Hammer Perpetum. My question is, do I need to wait to add the drink mix, or can I add it while the water is treating?

(BTW, I know that I CAN do whatever I like with my water. I'm just wondering if it is written anywhere from Aquamira or another source that this makes AM less effective.)

Andrew F

@andrew-f

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Turbidity (cloudy water) reduces the effectiveness of ClO2. I wait the prescribed time before adding Perpetuem to water treated with Aqua Mira.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Generally, most fruity flavors have some acid in them. This could render the AM, drops and tabs, inefective.Sorry, I do not know the concentrations.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

You need to wait the prescribed time before adding other ingredients or consuming the water.

–B.G.–

Steve P
    BPL Member

@swillhiker-2

Not what I wanted to hear, but as I suspected. Thank you all for getting back to me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools