Topic

Te-Wa Underquilts still in business?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Te-Wa Underquilts still in business?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Locale: Midwest

Has anyone ordered a hammock UQ from Te-Wa in the last few months? I ordered an UQ in May and still have not received it. I exchanged email with Mike once during that time and he said he was working a lot of hours but would get out my order. I've since tried to contact him via the website and here on BPL without success. His email via the website, which I used when I ordered back in May, is now not working. Anyone know what's going on? I'm out some some funds and would like to find a way to get it resolved without involving Paypal.

Pawel Carter

@juggernaught

Steve,

Over on hammock forums we have 4 people waiting on long-overdue products. His site says may have to wait 2 weeks. I have an underquilt for which paypal payment was accepted on May 22. After multiple inquiries I received a response this past Monday saying basically "oops, thought all was shipped, will look into it." Nothing since. One other at Hammockforums reported a similar message. So he is out there.

My opinion is that one day is plenty to look into long overdue orders. Some are still patient but I am now angry. We are owed either a delivery date or a refund immediately. Trips are affected.

Previously, his service and products were well-regarded. Silence isn't cutting it.

te-wa, if you are out there, now would be a good time.

Paul

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Hate to see this. Mike always came off as a real good guy. I hope everyone gets their quilts soon. With that said, if you have any recourse with Paypal or your credit card company – dont wait. File a claim now.

Ryan

Matt Macaulay
    BPL Member

@mmacaulay1-2

Locale: Texas

I'm in the same boat. Placed my order on May 15 – haven't heard a word since. I've tried contacting him through his site, BPL, and Hammock Forums. I have no recourse through PayPal as far as I know since it was more than 45 days out before I decided to attempt to get my money back. Just crossing my fingers now.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

These posts make me sad – I have a Summer Breeze UQ and have had it for two years and working with Mike was a joy. I hope everything is okay with him and that all of you get your quilts soon.

Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Well, my suspicions were valid it sounds like. Unfortunately I believe the website is still up and running and taking orders and cash. Hmmm…

Matt Macaulay
    BPL Member

@mmacaulay1-2

Locale: Texas

Unless he's been hacked, a quick Facebook search shows that he's alive and well. Really scratching my head now. He had such a good reputation in this community… Trying not to overreact. I guess time will tell.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Who knows. Must be hacked because that guy looks like he has a new Harley and has been brewing lots of beer. No posts about underquilts.

Tanner M

@tan68

That may actually explain things…

Anyway, if he is/was a small company and everything relied on him and he is going through some stuff, that might be why things have fallen apart. Would figure ordering would be suspended…

Pawel Carter

@juggernaught

From Paul (juggernaught) to all affected (with apologies to everyone else)

Nothing from Mike aka tewa. See my last email string below from July 29.

If you are under 45 days with Paypal get your complaint in NOW. Apparently that don't help after 45 days.

I will be doing a few things and hope that others will follow suit. I am contacting PayPal again to indicate that I am not the only one stuck, see if we can get some action from them.

Also, I am dropping Mike one last email, an appeal to do the right thing. I guess I am asking those of you who are owed product or a refund to do the same. Strength in numbers? Reach him at:

[email protected]

I have also posted a similar string at hammockforums as a number of people have weighed in there too.

Email string below:

Mike,

Good to hear from you. Since I have upcoming trips please let me know asap whether we have a lost order or missed order. Iā€™m sure you can understand why an ETA is very important to me. Hoping to hear from you today.

Paul

Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 10:16 PM
    To: Wozniak, Paul
    Subject: Re: Long overdue order

agh!
    i thought this order has shipped, let me check into it.
    :(

To: "'[email protected]'"
    Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 4:49 PM
    Subject: Long overdue order

Mike,
    You got my order and paypal on May 22. Still no UQ. Last I heard from you, you had just moved. I have trips;new tarp, new hammock. No UQ. Please respond.
    Paul

Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Very surprised but I finally got my Tewa quilt yesterday, almost 3 months after ordering and being promised a 2 week delivery. A lot of pleading, shaming, emailing to Mike to make it happen. Hopefully others will get theres too. Nice product from what I can tell.

Pawel Carter

@juggernaught

My underquilt from tewa just arrived too. It does look to be very well made.

Mine was ordered May 22. I am ready to look at this as a one-time anomaly and as far as I'm concerned this issue is closed.

Paul

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools