Topic

Marble Mountain Wilderness 7/23

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Marble Mountain Wilderness 7/23

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Hoot Filsinger
    BPL Member

@filsinger

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The Marble Mountain Wilderness is surrounded by the Trinity Alps Wilderness to the south, Siskiyou Wilderness to the northwest, and the Russian Willderness to the southeast.The MMW was designated as the Marble Mountain Primitive Area in 1931. This was my first time hiking in this area and we chose Sky High Lakes as our destination. The trailhead was Lovers Camp accessed from Indian Scott Campground on the Scott River. Air temperatures down in the valley were in the high 90's but cooled down slightly at the trailhead to mid 80's. If you are looking for high mountain lakes, diverse geology and plant species this is a super trip. My wife and I made this a loop trip by spending the first night at Lower Sky High Lake and then climbing to the Marble Rim and out Red Rock Valley.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools