Topic

adding pockets to a ULA circuit

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) adding pockets to a ULA circuit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joseph K

@jkifer

Does anyone have any recommendations for adding pockets to a ULA circuit? Love the pack, but wish it has a zippered pocket on the outside (really missing my pack lid from my old gregory).

Has anyone had any luck attaching any aftermarket pockets? Trying to avoid sewing anything. Was thinking about adding something like this to the side of the pack — http://www.granitegearstore.com/Pack-Pocket-P50C53.aspx

Thanks in advance

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Since you said you like a top lid, check out the MLD lid.

Click Here

Steofan M
    BPL Member

@simaulius

Locale: Bohemian Alps

Try Luke's Ultralite, he has front pouches and top lids, same dyneema x used by ULA. Great prices and quick service.

Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

Possibly in a different category than you are looking for, but if you make use of 2 on the belt and 2 on the shoulder straps you can get an awful lot of individually small but awkward thing packed outside.

These are pretty sweet (from Elemental Horizons):

http://www.elementalhorizons.com/accessory-pocket.aspx

I got these in large for my Kalais Pack but they fit on all my other packs nicely. They have two sizes, and the large is about the same size I had built into my old ULA P2. They have the straps that go around the back as well as the clips that attach into the webbing strap on the belt. As good as they get. You could get a down jacket in one of them easily, or plenty of other stuff.

Zimmerbuilt makes some other nice attachments of all types. I particularly like the padded shoulder attachment, but he has belt pockets (and other types) as well:

http://www.zimmerbuilt.com/padded-shoulder-strap-pocket.html

Perfect for my tiny digital camera. Until I found that one I had about half a dozen versions of horribly ugly padded containers I made out of bubble wrap and tyvek tape. :-o

If you a going for shear volume because your pack is too small instead of just wanting easy access you could consider getting something custom built from zimmerbuilt, he is good, quick and reasonably priced.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I have seen ULA made top pockets on Circuits. Ask them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools