Topic

Light weight binoculars

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Light weight binoculars

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Douglas Durham
    BPL Member

@djdurham

Does anyone have a suggestion for light weight binoculars?
    Thanks. Douglas Durham

Eric Noble
    BPL Member

@ericnoble

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I know you asked about binoculars but I'm very happy with my Zeiss 10x25B Design Selection Monocular. It weighs 3.1 oz (88.6 g). It's a little pricy but the optics are great. It's small enough that I actually often have it with me to use. I had it in my front pants pocket during a trip to the Black Hills this past weekend. I got a great view of George Washington's right nostril when we visited Mount Rushmore :).

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

I agree with Eric; and I carry a little 4x monocular. By definition they are 1/2 the weight of binoculars, holding all other variables constant. Stereoscopic vision does not work out at that distance, so one eye is as good as two for most viewing, I think..

Coincidently it attaches to the lens of my Casio EX-Z750 camera, to increase the optical magnification from 3x to 12x; works ok in bright light.
    Last month I was observing the wild monkeys in Niigata with the monocular; nice to have it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools