Topic

Just another pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Just another pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

I made this pack for my AK trip next month. I really wanted a ridged internal frame so I used the same curved ergonomic aluminum stays from HMG packs. I wanted a 3D mesh back panel and lumbar pad with CCF under like a Jam. There is a 12×20" CCF removable pad in front of the stays inside the pack. The shoulder and waist harness is filled with 3/4 inch GG nightlight CCF with 3D mesh over. I wanted the same mesh as a MLD Exodus with shock cord systems, and the same roll top of HMG packs. I used VX21, VX07 and dyneema X Grid. I taped the inside seams with cuben 1.0 tape for water resistance. Its about 70L and under 2 lbs.

That lump at the top is a Bearikade, those are 25" MSR Lightning Ascents

non barrel
    back
    front

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

It looks nice. Let us know how it performs.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

That doesn't look like "just another pack"! VERY nice.

How did you reinforce where the straps attach?

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Looks good.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

I really like the attachments from the sky hook to the shoulder straps. That should greatly improve the comfort when carrying heavy loads. ;-)

It IS a sweet looking pack.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

Not hammerin' ya, just asking/ observing…

It looks like its barreling really bad. Is it just the angle?

Again- I have 0 skill in sewing and wouldn't even attempt a pack or anything, really. So its not a criticism- just a question.

It IS a sweet pack- similar to my Zimmerbuilt, but different (way bigger for one)… and I love my pack so- hell yeah either way!!

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

The reason it looks like it's barreling is that I stuffed a giant car camping sleeping bag in it for the pictures. I'll load it up regular and take some more pictures.

Edit****

I loaded it up to show it a little better, I deleted the other barreling picture.

That lump at the top is a Bearikade, those are 25" MSR Lightning Ascents

Thanks for the comments.

Gerald L
    Spectator

@mtngeronimo

Locale: SoCal

70L and under 2lbs! Impressive. Nice looking craftsmanship. I'm so impressed and motivated by the ingenuity here on BPL.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools