Topic

Kearsarge Lakes. 7/11 thru 7/13/2013.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Kearsarge Lakes. 7/11 thru 7/13/2013.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Two nights and three days with my son in the Sierra.

Sweeping the Garden: Kearsarge Lakes

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

Here is the view westward from the top of Kearsarge Pass showing the 4 Kearsarge Lakes (Upper KL1 – closest to you -, Upper KL2, the much larger KL, and the small Lower KL) plus Bullfrog Lake (farthest right).

From my JMT trek of August 2009

aug

Paul Andronico
    BPL Member

@jakesandwich

Locale: Lake Tahoe

I love to see kids out fishing in the backcountry. Nice work.

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

Nice report, Craig. So did you decide you're not against backpacking with kids afterall? ;)

For what it's worth, I completely agree with you about the need to keep it fun for the kids, and to clarify, I don't mean type II fun. We just returned from backpacking with our kids (and GoLite mid as well) and they had a blast, as well as a great sense of accomplishment.

By the way, I tried to leave a comment on your blog but it's requiring me to log into some various social accounts… I don't recall having to do that in the past (?)

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Awesome area! Did you catch any trout or make SAMORS?

Brad Fisher
    Spectator

@wufpackfn

Locale: NC/TN/VA Mountains

Very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Brad

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

Very nice trip Craig.

That store at the end had almost everthing a man could want after a hard mountain trek … ice, ammo, cigarretes … :-)

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

The ice/ammo sign is in the town of Mojave, one of those little dilapidated roadside stops that consists of nothing but dirty bathrooms, liquor stores, gas stations, and fast food. A traveler's hub of off road vehicles, RVs, children throwing tantrums over snacks, and big rigs coming from all directions…the sort of place where you'd hope to walk into a bar and find yourself in the midst of the Star Wars cantina scene.

"I'm looking for a fast ship…"

My son really wanted to buy an ice cream and a case of 7.62×39 FMJ just to say he did it. Oh, America….

Art …
    BPL Member

@asandh

its been a while since I took my AK47 out on the trails, had to think twice about that number sequence …

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools