Topic

Has anyone gotten a peek at the Aero Lakes yet?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Has anyone gotten a peek at the Aero Lakes yet?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    JJ Willcoxon
    Spectator

@h2oboy

Locale: Midwest

I'm putting the finishing touches on our trip to the Beartooths. We're leaving in a couple of weeks and I am trying to decide if we're going to hit the Aero Lakes and/or Grasshopper Glacier as part of the trip. I'm taking my oldest boy on his first trip to the Beartooths and remember really enjoying these two areas the first time my father took me up there.

He's in good shape and could probably handle it as well or better than me, at this point. But, I don't want to deal with a bunch of leftover snow and/or moving water in these off-trail areas this time. We're going for a couple of weeks and with the food load, I want to minimize our gear to keep our packs as light as possible. I would normally wait a couple of weeks longer for these areas. However, work simply won't allow for that this time.

I've been watching the weather up there and it seems that it has been quite warm this year. However, it has also been awfully rainy and I have no idea what the off-trail conditions are like. Have any of you guys and gals been up that way yet? If so, what did you find?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools