Topic

Rock Creek

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Photo Gallery Rock Creek

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steve .

@pappekak

Locale: Tralfamadore

From a day hike up Rock Creek in Colorado on 5/17.

RockCreek

Camera: Panasonic FZ3
    Tripod: Ultrapod II

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Beautiful shot, Steve. What's the snow level up your way?

Steve .

@pappekak

Locale: Tralfamadore

Dondo, I have only done hiking on the Silverthorne side of the Gore this spring.

The day this picture was taken there was snow on the cut off to Boulder Lakes. I ended up going to the Boss Mine and bush wacking for a while and it was passable as long as I stayed out of the thick trees. Pretty soggy ground. Ended up raining/snowing/hailing that day.

The next day I did some serious post holing from the Mesa Cortina (Wildernest) trail towards Willow Creek.

On 5/20 we saw some people skiing the side of Buffalo and on 5/21 I ended up hiking the Willowbrook trail to the falls. Only snow on the last section to the falls. Pretty deep in the trees still.

Was snowing in Breckenridge today but the snow is really starting to melt.

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Thanks for the report, Steve. My wife and I are planning a day hike for later this week and we were thinking RMNP. But your photo reminded me how much I love the Eagles Nest Wilderness.

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

deleted

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools