Topic

Anybody know of a template for the Esbit emergency stove?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Anybody know of a template for the Esbit emergency stove?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Charles Tufankjian

@ctufankjian

Locale: New Hampshire

I realize that you can buy one for about $5, but that will get steep quick ordering online. I'm wondering if anybody Knows of a template for the Esbit emergency stove, or actually has one they could potentially scan. I've got some extra foil kicking around, and want to make a titanium version… Curious how durable it would be considering that you have to fold/unfold these every use. Such a simple design though that it doesnt require an additional pot stand…I'm fully intrigued

Kevin Beeden
    BPL Member

@captain_paranoia

Locale: UK

In my experience, you won't get more that a few folds out of Ti foil before it fractures. If you have some Ti foil, experiment with a bit, and see how long it lasts.

As for a template, surely all that's needed is a rectangle the size of a tablet, with two tabs folded up at the ends, and two tabs folded down at the side to act as legs…?

Tom D.
    BPL Member

@dafiremedic

Locale: Southern California

I've never seen any kind of template for the actual Esbit emergency stove.

There is this one here that's more like what Kevin described:
    http://briangreen.net/2011/11/titanium-foil-esbit-tray-stove.html

There is a template on .pdf format on the page.

One thing that I did was make an "emergency" Esbit stove similar to the Bushcooker LT Mini:
    http://fourdog.com/bushcookerlt-mini-camp-stove/

Just make a windscreen out of Ti foil, roughly 3 1/2" tall. You can open it lay flat when not in use and can burn wood in it if needed.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Thru-hiker has it.

–B.G.–

Charles Tufankjian

@ctufankjian

Where?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Charles here is the 0.3 oz Titanium Wingstove,and this is on Esbit Stove Height Vs. Efficiency from thru hiker.

Charles Tufankjian

@ctufankjian

Oh, yea not really what I was looking for, but excellent info none-the-less!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools