Topic

sturdy but lightweight lid for snow peak trek titanium bowl

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear sturdy but lightweight lid for snow peak trek titanium bowl

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adam Cassis
    BPL Member

@acassis

Locale: SoCal

i need a sturdy option for my snow peak trek titanium bowl. i made one out of an aluminum serving tray, but its slightly too flimsy, but also has a few too many sharp edges, desipte my best efforts to fold them down, etc. any ideas on what materials to use and what design works best?
    thanks!
    AC

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

I have the same bowl. I made a lid out of three layers of heavy duty aluminum foil, all pressed together and with the edge crimped. It is flexible, so it can be folded to stuff for transport.

–B.G.–

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I took mine to the grocery store with no luck. Bob's layered foil is cheap, light and easy– all you want to do is keep the heat in and the bug out.

A lid from a Panda Express take-out bowl fits very tight– too tight for cooking, but great for storing in you pack with stuff inside. It has a vent hole that can be taped over/plugged. I wouldn't trust it for wet/sticky stuff.

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

"all you want to do is keep the heat in and the bug out. "

Dale, you have it all wrong.

You want to keep the bugs IN. That's for extra protein.

–B.G.–

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Four Dog Stoves makes aftermarket lids, including one for the Ti Bowl at $16.00. That's more than a plastic lid from the grocery store but the fit should be good.

http://fourdog.com/snow-peak-titanium-lids/

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

Titanium foil that tigoat sells, and a cork for a handle if you want.

I wouldnt want plastic, or alum foil, those just arent durable enough.

Charles Tufankjian

@ctufankjian

Locale: New Hampshire

I used the titanium goat foil for mine, and it's super durable, and dead sexy…cuz its ti

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools