Topic

Ice Age Trail thru-run

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Ice Age Trail thru-run

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Burke

@burkest

Locale: Collegiate Peaks Wilderness

I read the the June issue of Silent Sports and there is an article about Jason Dorgan running the Ice Age Trail. He ran the trail in 22.5 days averaging 48.5 miles a day. He did the run with a support crew and spent every night in a hotel not on the trail. So it was not exactly a backpacking trip but I still thought it was impressive. The article talks about his daily routine, which included streching followed by a warm bath in the morning and a ice bath in the evening. He also credits his recovery each night to drinking a "carbohydrate and whey" drink mix.

For those of you not familiar with the Ice Age Trail it is a 1,079 trail that follows glacial features thru Wisconsin.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Stuart,

Thanks for the report. Granted thru-running isn't backpacking but any tale of an individual making 50 mile days for 2/3 of a month straight certainly interests me.

– sam_h

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools