Topic

Credit Card Knife

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Credit Card Knife

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Locale: Bristol Bay Alaska

Just saw this today. size of credit card. 38g $7.99

Looks like it might be good for light duty cutting tasks.

http://13deals.com/product_detail.php?id=26846

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Just wondering

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I don't see why you'd need a skinny, semi-functional credit card knife for backpacking when you could carry a proper, locking, and capable knife for the same (or less) weight.

Spyderco Dragonfly:
    33 grams.

Now, if you're a smuggler, spy, inmate, secret agent, or man of mystery I understand why you might want a credit card knife.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Craig makes a better argument in that the Dragonfly is lighter AND more functional.

I'm a SAK Classic guy myself (21 grams), but I'll grant that the blade is a bit weenie for larger dry salamis or filleting a halibut. But I like the scissors.

The Spyderco Ladybug is 17 grams.

I've smuggled a few things in my day (often outdoor gear from continent to continent), but I'm not very mysterious anymore.

robert v
    BPL Member

@mtnbob123

Thanks for the input.

kevin campbell
    BPL Member

@rockymtbiker

Locale: Michigan

it is a great gift for anyone. DOn't have to be a backpacker. I could see giving this to both men and women for christmas or something like that. I happen to carry my pocket knife on my key chain, same one for nearly 25 years. Finally broke the very tip of the blade off using it as a tool to pop a hub cap off a flat tire on the side of the freeway! But, it keeps going, broken tip an all.

With that said, the credit card thingy looks like it would have some limitations, hiking or not.

Still pretty cool for $7.99!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools