Topic

Snow Peak Bacoo Sleeping bags

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Snow Peak Bacoo Sleeping bags

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Arapiles .
    BPL Member

@arapiles

Locale: Melbourne

(Apologies if this has already been posted, but a search showed nothing …)

Snow Peak have introduced a line of sleeping bags in Japan, with 3 models:

http://www.snowpeak.co.jp/newproducts/bacoo/

Bacoo 200

Bacoo 200 - venting

– 90/10 800 FP down

– 20 denier fabrics

weights are 670 grams/830 grams/1120 grams, ratings for the three bags are +6C for the lightest one, 1C for the middle and -7C for the heaviest

the black fabric on the side and bottom of the bags is water resistant and the grey fabric on top is stated to be very breathable.

without doing a fill-weight comparison, they appear to be heavier than WM but they do have a few more features (pockets) which may add weight

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

What are the weights and temperature ratings for us English speaking folks?

;-)

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Rick, I think Nick means he wants conversions to ounces and degrees F.
    For the computer challenged, recommend the pocket size Carpenter's Helper by R.S.Wood of Liberty, Maine, USA.

For grams to ounces multiply times .03527.
    So 830 grams for the midsize = 29.27 ounces.

Guess carpenters don't convert temps much, but one degree C. (celsius or centigrade) = 33.8 degrees F (Fahrenheit). The fact that they rated it one degree C above freezing suggests that it probably won't keep most people warm at freezing.

The Montbell Spiral #3 is rated at 30 degrees F and weighs 20 oz. That and the super version have both been reviewed here. You might want to take a look.
    I've had good luck with mine so far – no clumping or loss of loft, but not washed yet.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

There was a smiley face in my post.

A Western Mountaineering Ultralight 6' 0" weighs 29 ounces and is rated at 20F.

The warmest Snow Peak is rated at 19.4F and weighs 39.5 ounces. I would guess it is probably much shorter than the WM.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools