Topic

Teton Crest Trail Early September Weather

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Teton Crest Trail Early September Weather

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I am going to be doing the Teton Crest Trail the first Week of September this year and am curious as to what weather to plan for? I will be camping between 9,000 and 9,500ft. Should I expect temps around freezing at night and 70* in the daytime? I am trying to figure out what to bring for my sleeping system.

I spent a week in the Winds last year about that time camping about 10,000ft but it was unseasonably warm and only got below freezing one day.

Joseph K

@jkifer

I hiked the teton crest around Sept 20 last year. First day was pretty cool, low 50s and very windy when we got off the tram. Rained a little bit, but warmed up as the day went on, probably 60s in the sun.

Night time temps were high-20s/low-30s. I brought an older sierra designs down bag and was generally OK.

We got rained/hailed on pretty hard the second day, but made for some awesome scenery with the fog that collected afterwards.

Third day was sunny and high 60s. Very comfortable.

The scenery was amazing. Ran into a bear along the trail and a moose at the end as we were coming out to the parking lot.

I'd say a 20 degree bag would be perfect. Bring hat+gloves, rain gear, puffy, and long underwear and you'll be fine.

Enjoy!

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools