Topic

Snowpeak 700ml Mug Lid

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Snowpeak 700ml Mug Lid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Corey Downing
    BPL Member

@hardcorey

Locale: Denver

Looking for a replacement lid for the Snowpeak 700ml Ti mug (http://www.rei.com/product/708071/snow-peak-titanium-trek-700-mug). For the uninitiated, the lid it comes with is made of stainless steel :(. I've been using some heavy duty aluminum foil as a lid but it's starting to fall apart and I'm curious if others have found a more permanent solution.

Dave Jenkins
    Spectator

@jinx667

Locale: NC

Right now I am using an aluminum one with a wood knob handle (forgot where I got it), but I just ordered the Carbon Fiber one from Ruta Locura.

The aluminum one has kinda sharp edges and is cutting through my CF cookwear sack. But, the wood handle is awesome for picking it up when hot.

I ordered a thicker SP 700 sack from Z packs, and when I get back I will try out both lids and make a decision.

dreamer
    BPL Member

@ejcfree

I purchased a titanium replcecment with wooden knob handle from Four Dog Stove Co.
    http://fourdog.com/snow-peak-titanium-lids/

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

A jet boil lid works and snaps on nicely but I found you had to be careful with flames coming up the sides so I started using foil in camp and the jb lid to hold tight the pot contents when in pack and to drink hot liquids through. Fast forward made a lid out of a
    Aluminum foil oven liner cut 1" bigger than the pot and secure or to pot with rubber band when in pack and rock when in use over fuel/ stove choose of the moment. Fast forward again I moved to a evernew .9 with oven liner lid and like the bigger diameter and everything about it except how it sits terrible on the esbit wing stove. Note to self need to modify esbit wing stove

Dave Jenkins
    Spectator

@jinx667

Locale: NC

That is the one I have currently, so mine is Ti not Aluminum. So when I get back I will be comparing it to the carbon fiber one and see which I like better.

Aaron W
    BPL Member

@adw245

Locale: Chula Vista
    Marko Botsaris
    BPL Member

@millonas

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA

This lid is made out of a super-light space-age material. Not only is it fully resistant to boiling water, but is semi-transparent so you can see when the water boils. One is reminded of the transparent Aluminum from one of the older Star Trek movies (I think the one with the whale)! The inner shape of the lid insures all the condensing water vapor falls back into the pot, and it does just as well if not better than any metal lid at its prime function – of preventing heat loss.

It is so light you will want to put a small stone on top, Mike Clelland style, so it doesn't blow away. Comes in under 0.2 oz.

I have used this lid for years – perfect lid in every way. These beauties may be hard to find, however. I'm not sure if the cottage industry is still in business.

lid

Add a layer of Al foil under it if you are worried about melting. The foil can be super glued on if a more permanent solution is required. Otherwise boil gently.

Edit: I was wondering about the plastic on my jetboil on full tilt, which this lid also fits. I perma-glued some form fitting Al foil to the bottom – it is still 0.2 Oz as far as my scale can tell. It looks pretty nice and if I worked a little more on the edges sticking out I think I could make it look pretty professional. I think we are now pretty covered for heat, as long as you actually have some water in the pot to sink it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools